This passionfruit pudding is very easy to whip up, making it perfect for a lazy weeknight on the couch. The recipe comes from bills food by the lovely Bill Granger and it was perfect for the current weather. It’s just about to hit summer in Melbourne so I’m craving the taste of fresh tropical fruits, but the weather is still chilly enough to need a comforting pudding and I am never one to resist a warm dessert.
Recipe adapted from Bill Granger
- 1 small spoon butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C plain flour
- 1/4 C passionfruit pulp, plus extra to serve
- 3/4 C milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- Preheat the oven to 170C and grease 4 ramekins.
- Beat the butter and sugar until well combined. Mix in the flour, milk, passionfruit and egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture and then pour into ramekins.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Serve with extra passionfruit for a really strong taste.